The Wish Tree concept is among the few easilyreplicable ideas that you may use to get people to celebrate #DaanUtsav. It is literally a wish-fulfilling tree, that gives donors the opportunity to fulfill the wishes/needs of an NGO or any such institution. You could place a wish tree anywhere – in corporate lobbies, hotels, colleges, schools, malls and apartment buildings, to name a few places.
How a Wish Tree Works
You can put up a variety of wishes on the Wish Tree. For example:
- A pencil box worth Rs 50
- 2 school uniforms for a child costing Rs 300
- Sunday feasts for an old person worth Rs 150
- 5 cakes of washing soap worth Rs 50
People desirous of fulfilling any of the wishes may pick the card and write their name, and cell number on the reverse of the tag. Then, they could drop the Wish Cards into a drop box next to the tree. People may then pick up the Wish Fruit (WF) from another open box lying there, fill in their names and replace it at the place of the Wish Card.
The more cards get picked up, the more they get replaced by DaanUtsav Smileys or the ‘I did my bit’ sticker, and the fruitier the tree looks and shows how many people are committing to the cause. Do remember that this is just a tentative idea on how the wish trees could work – you are free to conceptualise it in any other way!
Some important points to remember about the Wish Tree:
- Placement: The tree should be prominently placed, where there is a potential of crowd gathering or a moving crowd.
- Wishes/Pledges: The branches of tree have wish cards or pledges pasted on them. More the number of wishes fulfilled, fruitier the tree.
- Pricing: This is most critical. The wish should be priced appropriately based on the location, venue, crowd, etc that will be fulfilling the wish. The price per wish is crucial to the no. of wishes being fulfilled.
- Fulfillment: Wish can be fulfilled via all options: Cash/ Kind or Gifts /Credit Card/Cheque/Direct employee payroll deduction.
Here is a suggestion on how you could design your own wish tree (just an example, feel free to let your creative juices flow!)
- Wish Tree Dimensions: 6 ft (Height) x 4ft (Width). Daan Utsav ‘WISH TREE’ Material: 5mm thick Sunboard with cutout of tree shape and Printed Vinyl of the tree duly Matt Laminated supported with Frame.
- Wish Tree Stand: Made of Card board/mild steel. Trunk Size:1 ft. The tree maybe manned by some person to explain the operations or a poster with the same could be prominently displayed next to the wish tree. Wish Cards/Wish Fruit Tagging space available: 4ft x 4ft | Number of Wish Card / Tags Required for 4ft x 4ft or 48 inch x 48 inch: 19 x 13 or 250 Tags (approximate calculation). The front panel of the Wish Card will have the NGO wishes printed on it. The back side of this Card will have the following fields pre-printed; Name, Department, Student/Parent/Employee Name, and Cell No. for the person to fill.
- Wish Card & Wish Fruit Tag size: 2.5 inch x 3.5 inch on 210 GSM Art Card, printed with sticker gumming (only on the top quarter) and punched to any shape of your liking.